We want to give you the best possible service and have very high standards that we are determined to maintain. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then please contact Mr. Stephen Robert Edwards our complaints handling Director/Solicitor, he is contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org or if your complaint is about Mr. Stephen Robert Edwards then please contact Mr. Ryan James Siner he is contactable at email@example.com Any complaint will be fully investigated free of charge.
You can also write to us at our address:
Robert James Solicitors, No 7 Woolton Street, Woolton Village, Liverpool, L25 5NH
At the conclusion of any internal complaints handling procedure you also have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, full details of this, their address and our complaints procedure is set out below:
- Any complaint received from a client is treated very seriously. All details are recorded or studied if in a letter. The person responsible for the client's file will then notify the partner in charge of complaints. A complaint will be acknowledged within 7 days of us receiving it. The client will then be sent a copy of this procedure.
- The person involved in dealing with the matter will study the complaint in detail, referring back to the client's file etc. They will then telephone the client to try to resolve the complaint over the telephone and propose some course of action to remedy the situation and also to try and avoid it happening again. If the client is satisfied a report is then passed to the complaints partner to consider further preventative action.
- If the client is not satisfied with the course of action proposed by the person dealing with the matter, then the complaint will be passed to the complaints partner for further investigation.
- The complaints partner will, based on the information that he has gained from the file, and discussions with the person dealing with your matter, contact the client either by telephone or letter. He will try to resolve the problem and if appropriate come to an agreement with the client on the course of action to be taken.
- Follow up action: corrective and preventative actions need to be taken to resolve the current complaint and prevent it happening again. Written confirmation should be given to the client of the final response. All complaints, together with associated documentation, will be filed in a complaints' file and kept by the complaints partner.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
We would always encourage you to contact us first before contacting the Legal Ombudsman to determine whether your compliant can be resolved.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them:
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ